Top 10 Songs For Storage and Moving Days
Since the beginning of time, nothing has inspired people to declutter, move and put items in storage quite like the power of a good, blood pumping, uplifting music.
Whether you’re packing, storing and moving with family, friends, colleagues, your better half or your university crush from across the hall – the right song can put a bounce in your step and motivate just about anyone to help you get from point A to point B.
Here are some of the Storage Plus team’s favourite songs to declutter, pack and shift to (and why):
1. Let’s Get Physical by Olivia Newton-John
• warm up the tight muscles before some heavy lifting
• switch off the procrastination and focus the mind on the ‘move’
• get’s the attention of other people in the storage warehouse
• a fun song to move and dance to with slow-motion stretches with packing tape
2. Moving On Up by M People
• Its’ hard to resit shaking what yo’ mamma gave you when this is pumping
• An infectious beat with inspiring lyrics for bigger and better brighter future
3. Born To Run By Bruce Springsteen
• Lifts your spirits and reminds you that good times are around the corner
• Air-saxophone and croon-a-long with ‘The Boss’ while you do the heavy lifting and shifting
4. With A Little Help From My Friends By The Beatles
• Where would you be on the day of moving and shifting without a little help from friends?
• Celebrate your friends helping you; before you shout them that pizza you promised
5. Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles
• Searching for life’s meaning will start again after you’ve finished packing
• Turn your friends and family into a rhythmical smooth production line of smiles
6. Our House by Madness
• Just picture the sunshine of a spotless house in which you are now free from clutter
7. I Feel The Earth Move by Carol King
• If stress levels are peaked, this pop classic is your serenity medicine
• You don’t even need an ounce of rhythm or pro-dancer skills to pack and stack to this classic
8. Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley
• Send the message through song to the yappy one in your group, less talk more sorting
• Get’s disruptive dawdlers back to work (with a polite nudge).
9. If You’re Happy and You Know it by Someone In Latvia
• Need to get the young kids involved? One of the kids favourite to get them in the spirit
• Change the words like “if you’re happy and you know it, help mummy move this couch”
10. Rocky Theme
• It’s the end of the day. Turn this song up loud and rejoice – you’ve accomplished the move!
• A great fun track to raise your hands and roar “I DID IT!”